Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Adventures in Whole Wheat Baking...parts 2 & 3

Well, the whole-wheat pizza crust really turned out pretty good, but there are a couple of things to work out before I post the recipe. But it was pretty successful. Next, I tried these.

The honey-wheat flavor was nice. I think after I added all of the whole-wheat flour, I ended up using 1/2 c. all-purpose flour to add to the dough, plus the all-purpose flour that I used for the kneading and rolling. I didn't use the nuts. I didn't make them in the butterhorn shape, although I think next time I will. I definitely recommend adding the eggwash step that Heidi suggests.

Ella goes to the doctor this afternoon for her 4-month appt. and her shots. :( So I'll post later today with all her new height/weight info and some new pictures.

No comments: