Wednesday, November 26, 2008

3 months old, first road trip, and milestones



Ella's 3 month birthday is a national holiday!

No, really...

She turns three months old tomorrow, Thanksgiving Day. :) She's getting so big!

Last week a very dear friend and sister in the Lord passed away, and Johnny, Ella and I went up for the funeral. It's the first time since I've been a Christian that I've really known a believer that died, and Johnny and I were talking on the way up about how encouraging it is to know of someone who has finished the race. All of God's promises held true for her, He enabled her to persevere to the end (through much suffering), and she has entered into the joy of her Master. How glorious!

Before last week, I was always nervous about the thought of traveling with Ella, but since we found out Monday night and left Wednesday morning, I didn't have too much time to worry over it. She actually did really well! The hardest part was driving up for the visitation Wednesday night...a long drive after she'd already been in the car for 7 hours. But the trip went smoothly, she napped well in the car but didn't sleep the whole way, which was great. She met her future husband, Jonas Thompson (haha), and she particularly liked our friend Mandi. She even slept well in Chad and Angela's house and didn't seem too worried about their gigantic dog (of course, he's actually calmer than Coda!).

I'm planning on posting some videos today in a separate post. I'm still learning the art of video with Ella...as in, how to catch the really fun stuff without all the boring dead time in between. :) Mostly we have little 30 second intervals that are video-worthy, with a lot of blank stares and silence in between, but we're getting better. These days her favorite thing is to sit in her bouncer seat next to the keyboard while I play and sing. She's started "singing" along, which is really fun, but again, hard to catch on video. I think I managed to get some good ones today though and will get those up later today.

Today was an exciting day in the Vogt household. Why, you may ask? Well, it's a lame game, but...if you want to find out, you have to look at all my pictures first!!! So, keep scrolling, and I'll fill in the blank: Today was a fun day because Ella.... _________





These are with Aunt Amanda when we got together for Grandma Vogt's birthday.




Chad, Angela, and Jonas at John and Virginia's house...good looking family, huh? ;)


(keep scrolling...)
Told you she was friends with Mandi!! :)
(and scrolling...)



Love that bunny towel!


.....


......ROLLED OVER!!!!!

Yep, she was in her pack n play on her belly, with a toy she really likes (a borrowed one that has many uses...thanks Angela!) lighting up and playing music, just in front of her and slightly above her eye level...and she turned over on her back. The first time she got stuck on her arm, but then I put her back on her belly and she did it two more times in a row! We'll see if she remembers that she can do it. I haven't caught it on video yet, but hopefully I will soon!!!

No comments: