Monday, September 6, 2010

Evan Joshua: "God is gracious; the LORD saves"

I think when we decided on a name for our first baby, we explained our reasoning to most people: she's named Ella after my grandma; Ella means "light" and Christine means "follower of Christ." But I've told fewer people why we picked the name Evan for our little boy.
Strangely enough, when I was a silly high school girl imagining who I would marry and how many kids I would have, "Evan" was one of the names I had picked out (so was Ella). So it made the list of names we were considering, because I liked it. When we were looking through all those names, we found out that Evan is actually a form of the name John--which, of course, is Johnny's name, and means something like "God is gracious." I liked the idea of naming my son after Johnny without actually naming him John. His middle name, Joshua, is one of our favorite Old Testament names. There's probably a more accurate translation, but the name books say Joshua means "the LORD saves."

Here are some more pictures of Evan:

No comments: